Saturday, September 22, 2007

Retro Wine Tote

I wanted to make a wine tote using the Anna Griffin holiday line of papers and rub-ons, and this is what I came up with. I love the retro look of the papers, and wanted to feature the large design of the paper, but accent it with some of the smaller patterned papers in the line. I used a white glue to adhere the paper to the chipboard container. It worked well to hold the paper in place. I used a sanding file to trim the paper and give it a bit of a worn look. I used some bright pink May Arts ric rac that seemed perfect for an extra added embellishment.

I found that the rub-ons that coordinate with this paper line are DELISH! They adhered to my project perfectly!! The colors really pop! This will be a great way to package a gift during the holidays. Oooh, can't WAIT!

Check out this wine tote in the shop for a closer look!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

This is VERY cute in person -- I saw it the other day.