Sunday, November 18, 2007

Book for Joy

Thought I'd share with you what I did with this neat Prima Book. The front cover is embossed and then the pages & back cover are flat. I used some paints on the front along with some chalk ink to get the texture to stand out. A piece of old music with a Daisy D rub on is in the center. I went ahead and covered the whole thing with ModPodge just to seal the paper better. There are several styles of embossing on these cute books at the store. It measures about 6 x 6 inches. I went ahead and used notebook rings with ribbons to hold the book together. There are several other ways to do this as well.

Even though this is not your typical Christmas paper, I made the book about Christmas. I used the song "Christmas Is..." for the wording. A couple of other quotes are on pages too. I have seen so many neat books by others with a song or a quote as the wording. The paper is a mixture of papers, but mainly is K and Co. Safflower Line of paper.

I also had fun spraying Glimmer Mist on some of the pages to keep the white paper from standing out too much. Be sure to check it out. Annette had made some tags using this with different techniques, which I need to try, but it was fun just to tint paper too.

For embellishments I used a lot of different things...old stuff I had collected, Creative Cafe tags, Daisy D rub ons and stickers. Although there are embellishments on the pages, it could still hold some favorite pictures. Of course, it is at the store to touch and look at in person. Would love to see what you do with the book. Link you pictures in the comments if you do one of them!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this book, and so do the customers....they are flying off the self. Thank you for all your awesome work!

Carolyn