Thursday, April 10, 2008

Weekend Scrappin'


I pulled together a retreat at Stolen Moments Inn in a really short time frame. We found ourselves unexpectedly without retreaters this weekend. I hated to pass up the opportunity - so I asked 11 other girls to join me and so tomorrow we start a weekend of fun.
.
Even though it was short notice, I always feel like I need to do a make and take - so I wanted something quick and easy to prepare. And the fact that I could use this cutie-patootie picture of our granddaughter Izzy, just made it even more fun for me.
.
To make this picture frame (or it COULD be a calendar frame in the future) I used a small clipboard from the office supply. I grabbed some papers, paint, a sanding block, a few embellishments and a couple of gross tarnished and paint-splattered screws (they hold it upright) from the remodel of the Inn - and it was done really quickly.
.
So I put together a basket of everything the girls will need and they can make their own this weekend. I AM going to get some new screws from Home Depot for their project. But the icky ones actually have extra meaning for me - so I am keeping them on my sample.
.
What's in your stash? Can you make one of these from what you already have?
.
Susie

1 comment:

Brook said...

I love little Izzy! Fantastic job on the clip board!